13 July 2011

apartment

Can I just say that I LOVE our new apartment? It's spacious, convenient and has a back yard, which are all awesome. But my favorite part is that it was like a blank canvass when we moved in. I've lived in about 100 places in my adult life, but I've never had quite so much space, time, or freedom to make an apartment feel like my home.

It's still a work in progress, but I was able to get a ton done in the past couple weeks thanks to an extended visit from my mother. I wish I had taken some "before" pictures, so you'll have to trust me when I tell you it was puke central in here. I'll post some pictures of its current state soon, but first I'll share some of my inspiration, via my Pinterest.

p.s. We're still scouring thrift stores and flea markets for certain items, i.e. fixtures to throw on the fireplace (see 3rd photo) to make it look less horrible. If you have any leads, let me know!







No comments:

Post a Comment